Wednesday 18 November 2009

Down in the dumps….

A catching up post today, as promised.

I had a really good weekend as it was cybercrop on UKS and I managed to get 6 layouts done….some of which I’m quite pleased with.

However, the real thorn in my side at the moment is money or should I say lack there of. My husband is self-employed as a driving instructor and has been for 4 or 5 years now but we’ve never known business to be as slow as it is at the moment.

Although there are ‘signs of green shoots’ in the economic world I’m afraid it hasn’t filtered down to us yet so it will be another grim Christmas/New Year although, luckily, I have been saving a bit throughout the year which will help.

Anyway, enough doom and gloom and I know we’re not the only ones in this position, I’m sure we’ll survive somehow.

We also have another problem to solve now thanks to Dexter the rabbit! I got home from work lunchtime yesterday to find a note through my door saying that our rabbit had escaped and he was now ‘resting’ at No.1. I dutifully went over there to collect said rabbit and deposit him back in the garden. IMG_031710 minutes later I went out to check on him and he’d gone again!! Luckily he hadn’t strayed too far and so I managed to catch him and he’s now ‘confined to quarters’ until we can build higher walls/fences…..the little bugger!

I went with DH to see 2012 last night and all I can say is…………………………..what a load of cobblers!! It was far too long and full of Hollywood clichés. The acting was wooden, the attempts at humour were woeful and the special effects weren’t that ‘special’. DH said if he had gone by himself he would have walked out after half an hour!!  Have you seen it yet?  What did you think?

4 comments:

Lizzie said...

Lol Dexter! Maybe you could find/make a cheap rabbit run for him.
Meanwhile, I hope your husband gets more new pupils soon - youngsters getting driving lessons for Christmas, perhaps. People tend to hang on for Christmas and birthdays when they are less well off.
Well done on the 6 layouts, btw!

Kim Winter said...

The economy is really tough. I have a lot of students who are waiting a bit to learn to drive. I hope things turn up soon for y'all!

JO SOWERBY said...

OH THOSE BUNNIES CAN BE FRISKY. I WON'T TELL U WHAT MINE USED TO DO TO THE GUINEAPIG, SIFFICE TO SAY IT WAS NOT NORMAL!!!!!!
2012-SHAME I QUITE WANTED TO SEE THAT, MAYBE ON DVD?
JO XXX

Gemma* said...

awww, dexter looks lovely! you wouldn't find my bunny escaping anywhere, he's terrified of fresh air - LOL! (he's a housebunny and proud of it!)